Identity fraud can be devastating! It affects your name and reputation, as well as your credit, financial history, and sometimes even your assets. It can take a lot of time and money to resolve the problem and prevent any further damage, not to mention the frustration that goes with it. That’s why we say thank goodness for identity theft insurance!
Coverage Worth Having
Identity theft insurance will reimburse you for expenses incurred while trying to fight fraud and restore your name and credit. Depending on your policy, some of these cost would include:
- Travel expenses
- New Government ID’s
- Lost Wages
- Attorney Fees
- Resolution Services
- Expense reimbursement in connection with medical identity or tax ID fraud
Identity theft insurance generally costs about $25-$40 for limits of $15,000 to $35,000. It is usually an additional coverage offered with your homeowners insurance.
There are many other ways to protect yourself from identity theft including:
- Never give out personal information over the phone if you don’t not know the caller or do not have a request in writing.
- Shred all important documents
- Check bank statements and credit reports regularly
- Don’t carry around important information like your Social Security cards
Peace of Mind
Identity fraud can be a difficult and time consuming issue to resolve. Barrick Insurance can provide peace of mind by adding Identity theft insurance to your homeowners policy. Call (717) 632-7270 and ask about this coverage today!